- Cycle 24 -- represents the solar cycle that is due to begin in March 2008. A rather quiet bit that opens the piece.
- Prominence -- A solar prominence is a loop of the photosphere material that is made to rise from the surface as it follows the Sun's changing magnetic flux lines. Prominences are associated with flares and sunspots. Musically, this part is a bit of a nod to Jarre, with a pulsing bass line, pads, and lots of noises and things weaving in and out.
- Magnetic Revolutions -- The Sun's magnetic field is in constant turmoil -- in fact, it totally inverts itself (the magnetic North and South poles swap) every solar cycle. This part will be rhythmically, tonally, and scale-wise in oppressive turmoil.
- Storm -- The solar flare, and its effects on Earth: fried satellites, power failures, and Northern and Southern Lights. An improv piece using the EML 101. This was actually the first part of Solar Flare to be completed (it's been on the shelf for a while).
- Cycle 25 -- The following solar cycle, starting in 2020. How will it be different or similar to Cycle 24? This part is a re-statement of Part 1, with variations.
I hope you find it interesting.